The following readings are not compulsory, but attendees may find it helpful to have read them in advance of the summer school.
Gillian Russell, "Barriers to Entailment":
- A.N. Prior - "The Autonomy of Ethics", The Australasian Journal of Philosophy, 38:199–"206.
- C. Pigden - "Logic and the Autonomy of Ethics", The Australasian Journal of Philosophy, 67.
- J. Burgess - Philosophical Logic chapters 2 and 3 (as an introduction to tense and modal logics)
Anna-Maria A. Eder, "Norms in Epistemology -- Evidential Norms and Coherence Norms”:
- Bradley, D. 2015. A Critical Introduction to Formal Epistemology. Bloomsbury Critical Introductions to Contemporary Epistemology.
- Christensen, D. 2004. Logic and Rational Belief (Chapter 1). In his Putting Logic in its Place. Oxford University Press.
- Christensen, D. 2004. Two Models of Belief (Chapter 2). In his Putting Logic in its Place. Oxford University Press.
- Fitelson, B. 2012. Evidence of Evidence Is not (Necessarily) Evidence. Analysis 72: 85-88.
- Foley, R. 1992. The Epistemology of Belief and the Epistemology of Degrees of Belief. American Philosophical Quarterly 29: 111-124.
- Makinson, D. C. 1965. Paradox of the Preface. Analysis 25: 205-207.
- Jehle, D. and Fitelson, B. 2009. What Is the ''Equal Weight View’'? Episteme 6: 280-193.